Pregnancy and childbirth are natural experiences. Preparation and planning will help you make this special event a positive experience for you and your family. You and your partner will receive education and instruction on the birth process, massage, relaxation and comfort measures, and the latest information regarding procedures and the medication available during labor.
The class is taught in a welcoming atmosphere by an experience registered/certified childbirth educator.
What is Childbirth Education?
- It is a class that teaches techniques for pain control during childbirth.
- It is a class that teaches relaxation techniques for use during the laboring process.
- It is a way to involve your significant other in the birth experience.
- It answers questions and dispels myths about childbirth.
How Can I Register?
You can register by obtaining a registration form from the Keystone Women’s Care office at 830 Fifth Avenue, Chambersburg, or by calling the Childbirth Education information line at 717-709-7990 option 8, or you can sign up online: click here.
Class size is limited, so you will need to register as soon as you know you would like to participate. Ideally, we would like you to register around 24 weeks gestation (around the 4th or 5th month of pregnancy).
When Are Classes Held?
You will be notified of class date(s) after your registration form is received.
Saturday Day Class – (currently this offered to patients of Keystone Health only, and there is no cost)
Meets 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lunch – 12:00 to 1:00 (on your own)
What Will I Need to Participate?
- You will need a partner or coach to come with you to learn the techniques for childbirth.
- You will need comfortable clothing that allows you to move easily and freely.
- You will need 2 pillows and a blanket.
- You may bring a drink and snack if desired, however, vending machines are available.
A negative COVID-19 test is required to attend classes and a mask must be worn by all participants. More details will be provided upon registration.
For additional questions . . .
Please call the Childbirth Education information line at 709-7990 option 8. Our Childbirth Education Coordinator will return your call.