Keystone Health (KH) is hiring a Medical Assistant for our Pediatrics office in Waynesboro. This position provides patient care and prescribed medical treatments to patients of Keystone Health. Performs duties under the supervision of the Director of Practice Services. Maintains Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs duties as a team member
- Reviews and prepares Electronic Health Record (EHR) information prior to patient’s appointment
- Prepares patient information for appointment by obtaining appropriate vital signs, reconciling medications, processing requests for medication renewals in a timely manner, and documenting accurately and timely in the EHR
- Assists providers with providing care and performing procedures
- Carries out provider orders. This includes scheduling of appointments, immunizations, injections, etc., as assigned by the supervisor
- May be assigned to sort labs, tests and referral letters from the FAX machine by provider
- Provides patient education
- Provides assistance to patients under the direction of a nurse or provider
- Collects samples, such as urine, stool, sputum and blood from patients for testing
- Understands various KH programs and communicates relevant information to patients
- May be assigned to sterilize equipment
- May be assigned to assist with orientation of new employees
- May perform inventory and/or requisition supplies
- Attends department meetings and completes all required training
- Communicates necessary information to the Director of Practice Services
- Participates in organizational quality initiatives as requested
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Keystone Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center with offices in Chambersburg, PA.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.