Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. Seasonal position, May-November. Works under the supervision of the regional manager in accordance with professional standards in a Primary Care setting and Keystone Farmworker Health Program protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONDSIBILITIES:
- Participate in visits to farms, labor camps, farmworker homes and other outreach settings to provide patient assessments, health screenings and related patient education.
- Provide follow-up screenings obtain follow up blood pressure reading in camp or at clinic on patients with isolated, single, elevated blood result.
- Obtain random blood glucose checks on patients whose symptoms or family history indicates the need for diabetes screening.
- Review medical history, medications, and current complaints to determine, according to established Keystone Health Farmworker protocol, whether a patient requires clinic referral, Urgent Care or Emergency Room referral.
- Recommend over the counter medications for common camp illnesses according to established Keystone Farmworker Health Program protocol.
- Document field visits into EHR.
- Practice Centers for Disease Control guidelines for Universal Precautions for disposal of all medical waste.
- Participate in training and education required by the Keystone Health Farmworker Program.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
Keystone Health is a Federally Qualified Health Center with offices in Chambersburg, PA.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.