The importance of diversity, equity and inclusion is in Keystone’s DNA. From inception, Keystone has prioritized providing quality healthcare to all.
In 1986, Joanne Cochran, Keystone’s President and CEO, co-founded the center to provide health care to the migrant agricultural workers in Franklin County. At that time Keystone was comprised of three volunteers providing part-time seasonal health care to migrant agricultural workers in Franklin County and saw 500 patients during its first season.
To read more about Keystone Health, see the About Keystone Health “About Us” page
Diversity & Inclusion Committee Purpose Statement:
The diversity and inclusion committee works to support the mission of Keystone Rural Health Center by nurturing and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture that is welcoming to all people. We will accomplish this by fostering an environment that draws strength from our diversity as an organization to drive innovative solutions which meet the needs of our patients, employees, and community.
Keystone Health is focusing five categories to accomplish the mission in our purpose statement.
- To ensure patients and employees of all demographics feel welcomed and cared for at all Keystone locations.
- To provide a mechanism for patients and employees to submit concerns, feedback, and suggestions.
Improve Health Outcomes
- To identify and implement plans to increase the quality of health outcomes.
Recruitment & Retention
- To be proactive in recruiting and retaining staff at all levels in the organization with diversity in mind.
- To provide education to patients and staff that will help increase self-awareness and knowledge about differences.
- Speak Up!— See Keystone Intranet page
Patients & Community
- Contact Us: Click here to contact Keystone Health
- Non-Discrimination Statement: Click here for Non-Discrimination Statement
- Community Resource Guide: https://keystonehealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Community-Resource-Guide-1-2.pdf
- S. Department of Health and Human Services – Office of Minority Health: https://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/
- United States Census Bureau: https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/franklincountypennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Department of Health – Office of Health Equity: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Health-Equity/Pages/Health%20Equity.aspx
- Franklin County: https://franklincountypa.gov/index.php?section=public_human-services
- Franklin County Visitors Bureau: https://www.explorefranklincountypa.com/home/
- Franklin County Coalition for Progress: https://www.fccforprogress.org/
- PRIDE Franklin County: https://www.pridefranklincounty.org/
- South Central Community Action Programs (SCCAP): https://www.sccap.org/
- Racial Reconciliation Franklin County PA: https://www.racialreconciliationfc.org/
- National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center: https://www.lgbtqiahealtheducation.org/